Re: Function PostgreSQL 9.2

От Mike Sofen
Тема Re: Function PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: David G. Johnston  Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:46 PM
To: drum.lucas@gmail.com

The only other reasonable option is change your model and requirements to something less complex.

Seriously, get yourself the books I have recommended and study them  BEFORE you continue attempting to design your database.

You need a firm understanding of logical design & flow, otherwise you will be wasting your time.

That's what I'm doing.. Studying.. asking for some help to get a better understand.... isn't this the purpose of this mail list?

​The purpose of this list is whatever people are willing to make of it - within reason.  I share the sentiment that your particular method of education is becoming burdensome to the people who volunteer their time on these lists to answer questions.  As the alternative is to simply stop replying to your emails be grateful that someone was at least willing to tell you to try other avenues of education.

David J.

+1   +1   +1   +1:  Lucas – David really nails it: you’ve stopped relying on yourself and are relying on the mercy and generosity of strangers to solve your problems.  It takes a lot of time to read, dissect, understand and then comment on your (or anyone’s) emails, and you’ve proven adept at consuming much of the available oxygen on the list.  Please a bit more considerate - you’ve received an amazing amount of solid guidance and advice.  I can tell you that when I see your name as the author, I now normally delete the email – that’s NOT the response you want, right?

I’ve worked with a bunch of junior developers over the years, some of whom hit a wall and just sit there, waiting for someone to fix them.  Those junior developers “never” become senior developers because their peers soon lose interest in collaborating with them, if you catch my drift…

Mike Sofen