Re: [HACKERS] bytea_output output of base64

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] bytea_output output of base64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/23/17 8:22 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I was just curious because it seems more compact than hex and many
> exchange formats use it, like SSL certificates and keys.  I know you can
> encode() but I thought it might help make pg_dump output smaller.

It undoubtedly would make pg_dump smaller, though I'm not sure how much
that's worth since if you care at all about that you'll gzip it.

But, the other thing it might do is speed up COPY, especially on input.
Some performance tests of that might be interesting.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)