Re: pg_dump in a production environment

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: pg_dump in a production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Actually, I would find this to be an interesting project, but we're
on the verge of moving to 8.0 via Slony and will have a replicated
cluster, reducing the need for live dumps on the primary read/write
database.

It's too bad round tuits are so expensive!

I was trying to think of a way today in which pg_dump might be able
to use statistics in almost the opposite way of pg_autovacuum, such
that it steered clear of objects in heavy use, but I'm not familiar
enough with the source to know how this might work.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect