Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: WAL-based allocation of XIDs is insecur e

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: WAL-based allocation of XIDs is insecur e
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Before commit or rollback the xlog is not flushed to disk, thus you can loose
> those xlog entries, but the index page might already be on disk because of
> LRU buffer reuse, no ?

No. Buffer page is written to disk *only after corresponding records are flushed
to log* (WAL means Write-Ahead-Log - write log before modifying data pages).

> Another example would be a btree reorg, like adding a level, that is partway
> through before a crash.

And this is what I hopefully fixed recently with btree runtime recovery.

Vadim

Сообщение: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: WAL-based allocation of XIDs is ins ecur e
Сообщение: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: WAL-based allocation of XIDs is ins ecur e