Re: Use C99 designated initializers for some structs

От David Steele
Тема Re: Use C99 designated initializers for some structs
Дата
Re: Use C99 designated initializers for some structs
Re: Use C99 designated initializers for some structs
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 29/08/2018 12:13, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Here is a patch to change some struct initializations to use C99-style
>> designated initializers.  These are just a few particularly egregious
>> cases that were hard to read and write, and error prone because of many
>> similar adjacent types.
>>
>> (The PL/Python changes currently don't compile with Python 3 because of
>> the situation described in the parallel thread "PL/Python: Remove use of
>> simple slicing API".)
>>
>> Thoughts?

+1.  This is an incredible win for readability/maintainability.

One thing: I'm not sure that excluding the InvalidOid assignment in the
TopTransactionStateData initializer is a good idea.  That is, it's not
clear that InvalidOid is 0.

NULL, false, and 0 seem like no-brainers, but maybe it would be better
to explicitly include constants that we define that are not obviously 0,
or maybe just all of them.

Regards,
--
-David