Re: Vacuum error message

От Raymond McKolay
Тема Re: Vacuum error message
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Solved.  It was a combination of OS corruption and limits on max_fsm_pages being too small.
Thanks for all of your help.  It was a learning experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:51 AM
To: Raymond McKolay
Cc: Kevin Grittner; pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Vacuum error message

Raymond McKolay <RMcKolay@brittenbanners.com> writes:
> I took the files from the directory they were in and changed the path.
> I guess I don't understand how to copy the contents of the file to accomplish what you are asking.
> I presumed that by changing the path of the files the vacuum operation would either skip them or error out saying
thatthey were missing.

I'd have expected a missing-files failure, too.  Are you sure the error message was the same thing for the same files?
Ifthis is a filesystem corruption, it's quite possible it affects more than one file.  There's no very good reason to
assumeVACUUM would visit the files in the same order every time, either, so it's possible it would fail on some other
tablebefore getting to this one.

But anyway, what Kevin and I were suggesting was that you try to duplicate the files, using "cp" on the command line,
orDuplicate in the Finder.

> I am pretty sure that a vacuum full is eventually what needs to happen since the DB contains useless records and I
needthe disk space given back to the OS.
> But then again I'm no expert with postgres so I am only guessing.

The error message you have told us about is *entirely* unrelated to needing extra disk space.  It's about being unable
toread a file that is already there.

От: roman
Сообщение: Re: Impatient warm standby - Recovery spam in pg_log/startup.log
От: Jack Kaufman
Сообщение: Setup Password