Non-standard escape sequences from Crystal Reports

От Rob Richardson
Тема Non-standard escape sequences from Crystal Reports
Дата
Re: Non-standard escape sequences from Crystal Reports  (bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
When our customer runs Crystal Reports reports created in an old version of CR and edited with CR XI, he gets a large number of warnings in his Postgres log files that look like this:

2010-10-05 11:28:00 EDTWARNING:  nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 159
2010-10-05 11:28:00 EDTHINT:  Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.
I just ran a test in which I connected to a different database server for which my log settings showed the statements that generated warnings.  The statement was this:

2010-10-05 11:28:00 EDTSTATEMENT:  select relname, nspname, relkind from pg_catalog.pg_class c, pg_catalog.pg_namespace n where relkind in ('r', 'v') and nspname like 'public' and relname like 'coil\\_status' and nspname not in ('pg_catalog', 'information_schema', 'pg_toast', 'pg_temp_1') and n.oid = relnamespace order by nspname, relname
Coil_status is the name of one of the two relations used in the report.

Apparently, at some time in the distant past, it was necessary to do something special for underscore characters.  The two backslashes are apparently being ignored, because the report operates correctly.

I tried running the same report on my computer, I did not get any warnings.  Our customer and my computer are both running Postgres 8.4.  I tried copying the customer's postgres.conf file onto my system and restarting my Postgres service, and I still got no warnings.

Can anyone tell me if there is some setting that will stop these warnings from showing up (other than turning off warning messages completely, which I am about to suggest that the customer do)?  Also, does anyone know why my computer is not showing warnings while our customer's system is?

Thanks very much!

RobR