How do I use Npgsql to connect to a DSN?

От Rob Richardson
Тема How do I use Npgsql to connect to a DSN?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Greetings!

I like the layer of independence the use of a DSN gives me.  I can run
an application using one database, and then without changing the
application in any way, change the DSN to point to a different database,
and it still works.

I am about to begin developing an application using the Npgsql ADO .Net
provider for PostgreSQL.  I tried to specify a DSN in my connection
string, but the parameter name "DSN" was not accepted.  Is it not
possible to use a DSN with Npgsql?

Thanks very much!

RobR