Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 31, 2011, at 8:46 AM, edwardIshaq wrote:

> if you do:
> open
> OS X will open the file in the plist editor.
> I tried doing that but didn't get a way with saving though :)

Probably a privileges violation, right? In a prior message on this thread I suggested:

sudo launchctl unload -w blahblahblah.plist

I also said: "The -w option causes it to not only unload the item, but also write a
<disabled> key into it which will stop it from loading at launch."

That is no longer true. Instead of the disabled key, 10.6 & up (or was it 10.5 & up?) now keep track of
enabled/disabledelsewhere, so you really need to use launchctl instead of editing the plist.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com