Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL

От Jason Tesser
Тема Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

Tom Lane wrote:

>Quoted as gospel by various people:
>

>>>MySQL cannot even handle sub-queries yet.

LOL  As I said in a previous post yes I know they have it in 4.1 ALPHA but
I hope you would not use an alpha product in production.  LOL  When we
say they don't support the features it is the current release that is
being referred to.

Besides be careful as you read and believe MySQL documentation as about a
year or 2 ago they where claiming that views, triggers, and stored procedures
would be incorperated into version 4.  Now they are saying version 5.  Even
when it does get in there it will be a little while before it is mature.
Have you used MySQLCC YUK! :-p  They can't even get a good management program
to work right with the features they have.  I do know that others exist
but they are not put out by MySQLAB