Re: Speeding up GIST index creation for tsvectors

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Speeding up GIST index creation for tsvectors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 13 дек. 2020 г., в 17:46, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 20:43, Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Amit!
>> It's really cool to hear about another GiST improvement proposal. I'd like to connect recently committed GiST
orderedbuild discussion here [1] and further improvement proposed [2]

>> I've tested feature [1] and got 2.5-3 times speed improvement which is much better I believe.
>
> Yeah, I am completely new to the GIST stuff, but I had taken a quick
> look at the sortsupport feature for GIST, and found it very
> interesting. I believe it's an additional option for making the gist
> index builds much faster.
+1
This will make all INSERTs and UPDATES for tsvector's GiSTs.
Also I really like idea of taking advantage of hardware capabilities like __builtin_* etc wherever possible.

Meanwhile there are at least 4 incarnation of hemdistsign() functions that are quite similar. I'd propose to refactor
themsomehow...

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.