Re: A strange GiST error message or fillfactor of GiST build

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: A strange GiST error message or fillfactor of GiST build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 3 сент. 2018 г., в 20:16, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> написал(а):
>
> That's a good idea.  Especially if we take into account that
> fillfactor is not a forever bad idea for GIST, it just doesn't look
> reasonable for current building algorithm.  So, we can decide to
> ignore it, but if we would switch to different GiST building
> algorithm, which can pack pages tightly, we can take fillfactor into
> account again.
BTW, I think that build algorithm may be provided by opclass.

> I think I need to prove my position about GiST fillfactor with some
> experiments first, and then propose a patch.
FWIW fillfactor can be a cheap emulator for intrapage indexing, when you have like a lot of RAM. Though I didn't tested
that.
Also I believe proper intrapage indexing is better :)

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.