Re: BUG #17349: Function gen_random_uuid duplicates in pgcrypto and core

От Andreas Dijkman
Тема Re: BUG #17349: Function gen_random_uuid duplicates in pgcrypto and core
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks for pointing me to the discussion. I’ve read the thread and would suggest applying the doc-note, that’s in the last part of that discussion:

Small doc tweak suggestion - the pgcrypto docs [1] now say about gen_random_uuid():

Returns a version 4 (random) UUID. (Obsolete, this function is now also
included in core PostgreSQL.)

which gives the impression the code contains two versions of this function, the core
one and an obsolete one in pgcrypto. Per the commit message the situation is actually:

The pgcrypto implementation now internally redirects to the built-in one.

That would have avoided this bug-report I guess, as the documentation would reflect the actual situation better.

Regards,
Andreas Dijkman