Re: [HACKERS] A bug in mapping attributes in ATExecAttachPartition()

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A bug in mapping attributes in ATExecAttachPartition()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/06/09 20:49, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> May be we should pass a flag to predicate_implied_by() to handle NULL
> behaviour for CHECK constraints. Partitioning has shown that it needs
> to use predicate_implied_by() for comparing constraints and there may
> be other cases that can come up in future. Instead of handling it
> outside predicate_implied_by() we may want to change it under a flag.

IMHO, it may not be a good idea to modify predtest.c to suit the
partitioning code's needs.  The workaround of checking that NOT NULL
constraints on partitioning columns exist seems to me to be simpler than
hacking predtest.c to teach it about the new behavior.

Thanks,
Amit