Re: Certification

От damien@dalibo.info
Тема Re: Certification
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>>> Because some members of the community have a conflict of interest, I'm
>>> not certain we can have a certification endorsed by "the whole community".
>>
>> Depends on what you call "endorsed". Nobody expects us to say this is the one
>> and only.
>
> I'm just saying that asking the EDB staff to endorse a certification
> which competes with EDB's certification is not something I personally
> would do.

You seem to imply that EDB does not want a community-backed certification. Is it based on facts or are you assuming
whatthey think ? I'm just curious because I don't see where's the problem

I don't know exactly how the Linux Foundation works, but it looks like Red Hat and SUSE are active members of the
foundationand they both deliver their own certification too.

The situation here is quite similar. EDB is an important member of our community but there's enough room for their own
certificationand a community-backed one.