Re: Slow update SQL

От Bungsuputra Linan
Тема Re: Slow update SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Ken,

I used to have the same problem. In my computer, using date_part in WHERE
clause will always slow down the system when the table has plenty of rows.

My suggestion is try to change the query to:
... WHERE dxdate >= '2001-01-01';

I hope this helps.

Regards,
bungsu

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Hill
To: Postgres Help
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:48 AM
Subject: [SQL] Slow update SQL

I'm experiencing a very slow query. The table contains 611,564 rows of data.
I vaccumed the table:

VACUUM ANALYZE ncccr10;

SELECT count(*) FROM ncccr10;
count
--------
611564
(1 row)

When I try to analyze the query plan with:

EXPLAIN ANALYZE
UPDATE ncccr10
SET key = facilityno||'-'||
lastname||'-'||
sex||'-'||
ssno||'-'||
birthdate||'-'||
primarysit||'-'||
dxdate||'-'||
morphology3
WHERE date_part('year',dxdate) > '2000';

The query just never finishes (even 1 hour later). The colum key100 is
indexed, and I'm setting the value of this
column from other columns. Why is this so slow?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: