Re: Proposal: More structured logging

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Proposal: More structured logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01.09.21 10:00, Ronan Dunklau wrote:
> In-core it would open up the possibility to split log messages into different
> fields, for example the different statistics reported in the logs by VACUUM /
> ANALYZE VERBOSE and make it easier to consume the output without having to
> parse the message. Parsing the message also means that any tool parsing it
> needs to either be aware of the locale, or to force the user to use a specific
> one.

I think those messages would themselves have substructure.  For example,
the current message

     "I/O timings: read: %.3f ms, write: %.3f ms\n"

might be

     {"I/O timings": {"read": ..., "write": ...}}

and that in turn is already part of a larger message.

So just having a single level of tags wouldn't really work for this.