Re: RLS for superuser

От MS (direkt)
Тема Re: RLS for superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Gaurav,

you can't restrict superuser rights via RLS.
IMHO that's obvious because superuser will do administrative task like dump_all and so on.

Regards Martin

Am 08.12.2016 um 08:32 schrieb Gaurav Tomar:
Hi All,

We are developing an application which will connect to the PostgreSQL 9.5 at backend.
We do not want any DB role/user including superuser to access the table data from the backend, only if the user is logging in from the application can see the data.

To achieve this we have created policies and enable RLS on the tables. By enabling the RLS and creating policies we are able to restrict all the DB user/role including table owner of the table but not able to restrict superuser.

Regards,

Gaurav

+91 876 265 4621

--
Widdersdorfer Str. 415, 50933 Köln; Tel. +49 / 221 / 9544 010
HRB Köln HRB 75439, Geschäftsführer: S. Böhland, S. Rosenbauer