Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/10/20 1:59 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Running Slackware-14.2/x86_64. Current installation is postgres-11.5 and
> I'm
> upgrading to postgresql-12.1. Both versions are installed and stopped.
>
> If I have correctly read the pg_upgrade manual page this is the command to
> use (as user postgres) with lines split to fit the message; the command
> will
> be on a single line:
>
> pg_upgrade \
> -b /usr/lib64/postgresql/11/bin/ \
> -B /usr/lib64/postgesql/12/bin/ \
> -d /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/ \
> -D /var/lib/pgsql/12/data/ \
> -p 5432 \
> -P 5432
>
> I don't know that the port numbers are required.

They are not:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/pgupgrade.html

"Obviously, no one should be accessing the clusters during the upgrade.
pg_upgrade defaults to running servers on port 50432 to avoid unintended
client connections. You can use the same port number for both clusters
when doing an upgrade because the old and new clusters will not be
running at the same time. However, when checking an old running server,
the old and new port numbers must be different."

> Have I missed an option?

Not a required one. Best way to find out is to run --check.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check
Сообщение: Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check