Re: Scheduled back up

От Viorel Dragomir
Тема Re: Scheduled back up
Дата
Re: Scheduled back up  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Sullivan" <andrew@libertyrms.info>
To: "Pgsql-General" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Scheduled back up

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:39:19PM +0300, Viorel Dragomir wrote:
> > As i experienced with pg_dump it looks like in ver.7.3 requires
interactive
> > enter password for *custom users*.
>
> I don't know what a custom user is, but if you put the password in
> ~/.pgpass, authentication happens automatically.  That's a new
> feature in 7.3.x.

for user *user_name*
~/.pgpass
will be kind of  /home/user_name/.pgpass ?

But I can't do that, the users that are granted to use the database don't
have any user id on that machine,
so no /home/user_name directory either.

I'm sorry for *custom users*.
The project it's kind of cpanel.
A user can create and grant access for his databases.
And thx to pg_dump he can export & import databases.
So any user that have a db might want to export his data through his web
interface.

And I tested pg_dump with his options on command line and I couldn't get the
password from a file, accepted only from stdin.

Thx for infos

vioss