Re: [GENERAL] How to define the limit length for numeric type?

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to define the limit length for numeric type?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

Maybe with a CHECK constraint?

CREATE TABLE test
(
  id serial,
  goose numeric(4,1),
  CHECK (goose > 30.2)
);

INSERT INTO test (goose) VALUES (300.2);
INSERT 0 1

INSERT INTO test (goose) VALUES (30.2);
ERROR:  new row for relation "test" violates check constraint "test_goose_check"
DETAIL:  Failing row contains (2, 30.2).

Of course you should set the correct value that you want to use in the contraint definition.

Regards
Charles