Postgres installation on Leopard; database on Mac-User-Level

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Postgres installation on Leopard; database on Mac-User-Level
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi there,

I want to create my database not under /etc/.... but under or within my Mac-user level, that is /Users/schwarzer/....

Now, it seems somewhat complicated - at least for me -, due to the different read-write permissions, to do that. It worked before, but now, after re-installing the machine, I really don't get it going...

The commands would be like this:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres >logfile 2>&1 &

But, what about the user "schwarzer" and the user "postgres"? How should it correctly be installed/configured?

Thanks for any advice,

Stef