Re: Postmaster service code

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Postmaster service code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

I wonder if this should also be added to the service install code so at
least it is done automatically when that is run. I used the following in
the autovacuum daemon:

        /*
         * Set the Event source for the application log
        */
        sprintf(szKey,
"SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\EventLog\\Application\\PostgreSQL
Auto Vacuum");
        if (RegCreateKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, szKey, 0, NULL,
REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE, KEY_ALL_ACCESS, NULL, &hk, NULL)) return -5;

        sprintf(szMsgDLL, "pgmessages.dll");
        if (RegSetValueEx(hk, "EventMessageFile", 0, REG_EXPAND_SZ,
(LPBYTE)szMsgDLL, (DWORD)strlen(szMsgDLL)+1)) return -6;

And to remove it again

        /*
         * Remove the Event source from the application log
        */
        sprintf(szKey,
"SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\EventLog\\Application");
        if (RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, szKey, 0, KEY_ALL_ACCESS,
&hk)) return -4;
        if (RegDeleteKey(hk, "PostgreSQL Auto Vacuum")) return -5;

> >Do you know, where will be the right place to put these files and
> >update/create a Makefile
>
> I would suggest creating "bin/pgevent". Comments?

Sounds OK to me.

Regards, Dave.