Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software
Дата
Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
Список pgsql-www

Yes, 18 months or so ago. There was lots of discussion on this list and
I designed the current site based on it, and feedback received following
different versions offered. I don't disagree that it has issues, but
please don't dismiss my effort, and the opinions of those that took part
in the development as 'sad'. It doesn't make us feel happy and cheerful
:-)

> I thought we had a new version in the
> wings, waiting for this, that, and the other.

There is, but the main focus of that is supporting multiple languages.
The *only* design change is to make it non-fixed width (which some ppl
do like incidently).

> As far as
> helping out, I've put in plenty of suggestions over time, and
> even joined the gborg group (one of the few who did) to put
> my money where my mouth is.

I don't deny that you have helped out, and it is appreciated.

> My biggest suggestion for the site right now is to lose the
> fixed-width table - it looks terrible to see the site
> constrained to a centered box in the middle of the browser.

Being done....

> Second biggest is to lose the "Contact the Webmasters" box,
> which seems pointless and almost borders on rude with the
> wording about ignoring requests.

There sits someone who has never had that address pointing to their
inbox! Without the box, we got lots of messages complaining that ppl
didn't know how to contact the webmasters (yes, I know!), so I added the
box. Then, I get inundated with support requests, that really belong on
-general or similar, so I added the warning. Even now we still get the
odd 'why doesn't this pl/pgsql function work?' type email. If you have a
suggestion to solve all of this, then I'd be happy to hear it!! :-)

Regards, Dave.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software
Сообщение: Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software