Re: pgadmin3 query tools

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin3 query tools
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Thanks, committed.

> > I've been thinking about that, and the majority of places
> we use such
> > info, we only need to oid & identifier. I wonder if it
> would be easier
> > to build some fast, dedicated caches for that instead. We
> do acctually
> > have some of these internally in pgSchema (pga2), but in this code
> > they could be globally accessible within a pgDatabase.
>
> There are pros/cons. The tree is slower than a dedicated
> cache, but the dedicated cache would have to be refreshed in
> the same refreshes as the tree. And it would basically end up
> being a linked list, so we might end up doing double duty.

Yeah, but at least we needn't rely on the user to have accessed that
part of the tree to get the cache. I reckon it will be quicker - even if
only in the users' perception.

I'm not sure we even need to go as far as a linked list do we? Won't a 2
dimensional array do it? We will know the size when it's create after
all. Anyway, even if we do it's not particularly difficult - I would be
tempted to knock up generic cache/cache object classes.

Regards, Dave.