Interactive Documentation - how do you want it to work?

От Dave Page
Тема Interactive Documentation - how do you want it to work?
Дата
Re: Interactive Documentation - how do you want it to work?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
As you may have noticed we have recently revamped the Interactive
Documentation on the website (http://www.postgresql.org/docs). This has
raised a couple of questions about how the idocs should work, so I'd
like to get some votes on the following 2 issues:

1) How should comments be linked to document sets?:
- Each comment attaches only to the page name & version of the page to
which it was submitted.
- Each comment attaches only to the page name, version of the page to
which it was submitted *and* subsequent versions (this is the current
behaviour).
- Each comment should attach to the page name to which it was submitted
regardless of the version.

2) Bearing in mind your answer to the previous question, should all the
comments be deleted when useful examples have been merged into the main
documents (remember that the definition of 'useful' may vary), or should
we only remove the 'junk' ones?
- Yes
- No

Thanks, Dave.