Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Ahh, it's the other way round we don't see (advocacy -> www).

> Postges People:
>
> What really troubles me is that I'm seeing the *implication*
> on this list that one or more people offered to help the WWW
> team and were
> rejected.   If this is true, I'd like to see that person say so
> explicitly and we can find out from Vince and Marc what
> happened; if not, I think the insinuations about
> "exclusiveness" by the WWW team are completely uncalled for.

Yes, this worries me. We have very recently had a couple of new
volunteers join the team who have been actively helping me with the new
portal - I've certainly not heard of anyone being turned away. It was
also not long ago that Vince solicited new design ideas from the
community on -general.

Wrt the closed status of the list, I think (please correct me if I'm
wrong Marc/Vince) this is mainly because we try to keep it very focused.
It is very much a developers meeting place where we *all* contribute
heavily to the work. It is not a support list, or general discussion
list.

Regards, Dave.