Re: pgadmin fails to connect

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin fails to connect
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi Helen,

Always a good sign :-)

> Installed pgadmin fine. Installed cygwin, installed and
> started postgres ok... or so I thought.  But then I had a
> connection problem from pgadmin and, from reading the
> documentation, it seems that I've made the common error of
> forgetting to configure the server to allow TCP/IP connections.

Yup, that's almost always what causes this error.

> From pgadmin, I get the error:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>         Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> I've tried starting the postmaster with the -i option.  I
> looked at the documentation and, in cygwin, the command line
> I used was:
>
> postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data > logfile 2>&1 &
>
> But still no joy.  I'm sure it must be a simple thing... any
> advice appreciated!

Did the postmaster definitely restart? Try restating your PC to be sure.

You might also try configuring it from $PGDATA/postgresql.conf rather
than the command line. Shouldn't make a difference, but it's usually
less troublesome in the longterm if you intend to start the postmaster
by hand when required.

As a final test, try connecting using psql on the command line:

$ psql -h 127.0.0.1 -Uusername template1

You might also need to edit $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf to allow access, but
that will give a different error to the one you are seeing at the
moment.

Regards, Dave.