Re: Migration to PostgreSQL from Oracle

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Migration to PostgreSQL from Oracle
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

Can you please recreate the error with logging set to Errors + SQL (under Tools -> Options) and post a copy of the resulting logfile, and the contents of the migration log window?

Thanks, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ramaswamy Murali [mailto:rmurali@techbooks.com]
Sent: 02 July 2003 08:41
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Migration to PostgreSQL from Oracle

Hi,

I am really excited about PostgreSQL.
I have installed PostgreSQL(Database) in Windows 2000 Professional Edition (NT).
I am acessing the database from remote client through ODBC.
I have created sample database and tables through psql and pgAdmin II.
I want to migrate Oracle tables to PostgreSQL.
Plugins Database Migration Wizad is not giving results properly for same tables of Oracle probably because of Data Type.

It gives following error during import

" 9: Subscript out of range "

Can you please help me as i am eagar to work on this and can also recommend my company to shift from Oracle to PostgreSQL.

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks
Murali