Re: Quotation marks in pgAdmin III

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Quotation marks in pgAdmin III
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
If you use mixed case in PostgreSQL then you must quote the identifiers or it will fold them to lower case. pgAdmin creates tables using the name you specify - if you use upper case characters then it will quote them, because PostgreSQL requires that you do so. If you want unquoted names, you must use lower case. This applies to pgAdmin and psql.

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander N. Treyner [mailto:alex@treyner.israel.net]
Sent: 11 September 2003 11:48
To: Dave Page; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Quotation marks in pgAdmin III

Any object. New table for example. I created  table named Employee and a few columns for it and got next sql script:

-- Table: public."Employee"

-- DROP TABLE public."Employee";

CREATE TABLE public."Employee"
(
  "Employee_Id" int8 NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('public."Employee_Employee_Id_seq"'::text),
  "First_Name" varchar(50),
  "Last_Name" varchar,
  CONSTRAINT "pkEmployee" PRIMARY KEY ("Employee_Id")
) WITHOUT OIDS;
As you can see table name is inside quotation marks. - this was not happen when I created table manually.
Now in my code I need to use  next select : "select * from \"Employee\"""  instead of "select * from Employee" that not so beautiful( I think ).

Hi,

What sort of object? What did you try to call it?

Regards, Dave.