Re: pga3: FreeBSD Port

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pga3: FreeBSD Port
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

/bin/csh is the default in /etc/passwd, but I ran from a Konsole window
(I assume that was a csh as well). Stupidly I'm at home now and didn't
create a non-root account before I left so I can't get in to check.

> > and associated bits such that it just ran the static build test and
> >then carried on. This built successfully (yay!), however, (second
> >problem) although it statically linked the wx stuff as I wanted, it
> >dynamically linked libpq.
> >
> By dynamically linked do you mean that it added "-lpq" to the linker,
> instead of "/usr/local/pgsql/libpq.a"?  It doesn't matter
> which way you
> write it, if /usr/local/pgsql/libpq.a is the only libpq.{ a | so } in
> your library path, then it will be linked against.  Since
> it's a static
> library, static linking is required.

When I compiled, it dynamically linked (-lpq) despite the fact that
libpq.so was *not* in the library path and I specified --enable-static.
Both the static and dynamic libpq's are in the standard pgsql location.
I think the second 'if' failed so it just did the 'else' bit. It
obviously worked fine for the wx stuff, but that uses case not if.

        if test "$pg_static_build" == "yes"
        then
            LIBS="$LIBS ${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a -lcrypt"
        else
            LIBS="$LIBS -lpq"
        fi

I don't suppose you need braces round the var names in this case?

> >So, does this mean 'if test' is broken on FreeBSD?
> >
> Doubtful.  It's more likely that my M4 is not totally portable.
>
> >Aside from those relatively minor build issues, in my 2 minute test,
> >pgAdmin 3 seems to run OK on FreeBSD 5.1!!
> >
> That's farther than I got.  I ran into wxWindows include file
> problems
> when I tried to compile.  Glad to hear it!

Yeah, no problems here. Fired it up, selected a language, connected to a
DB and had a brief browse around :-)

Regards, Dave.