Heads Up - Dave's been screwing around with acinclude.m4!!

От Dave Page
Тема Heads Up - Dave's been screwing around with acinclude.m4!!
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Just a warning really - following a couple of bug reports I've seen, I
have modified acinclude.m4 such that for debug builds (ie. those for
which wx-config is called with the --static option), we link with static
pg, stc and xrc libs.

Adam: I've make the same change on the Mac side, but am assuing that .a
is the standard extension for a staic lib. Please change if necessary,
or let me know and I'll do it.

I would like to simplify the config options somewhat as well, comments
on the following would be appreciated.

1) --enable-gtk2 should imply Unicode, hence the current unicode option
should be removed. This will simplify acinclude.m4 considerably.
Currently some impossible option combinations may be set.

2) Static (wrt wx and pg) builds are enabled by building with
--enable-debug. Dynamic builds with --enable-release. These do not seem
sensible pairings to me, so I would like to seperate them, giving us
complete flexibility.

Comments?

BTW, I'm fairly confident I can do the work myself if no-one objects
(it's easy seeing as Adam did all the hard stuff!).

Regards, Dave