Re: Howto Make?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Howto Make?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hmm,

I just cleaned up snake, and re-installed wx. At the same time, Mark
followed the same steps exactly on his test box (doink). The pgAdmin
link step looked like:

g++ -DDATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/\" -Wall -g
-I./include/ -I -g -O2  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local//lib -o
pgAdmin3  pgAdmin3.o pgConn.o pgSet.o pgAggregate.o pgCast.o pgCheck.o
pgCollection.o pgColumn.o pgConstraints.o pgConversion.o pgDatabase.o
pgDomain.o pgForeignKey.o pgFunction.o pgGroup.o pgIndex.o
pgIndexConstraint.o pgLanguage.o pgObject.o pgOperator.o
pgOperatorClass.o pgRule.o pgSchema.o pgSequence.o pgServer.o pgTable.o
pgTrigger.o pgType.o pgUser.o pgView.o pgDatatype.o ctlSQLBox.o
ctlSQLResult.o dlgAddTableView.o events.o frmAbout.o
frmChildTableViewFrame.o frmConnect.o frmMain.o frmOptions.o
frmPassword.o frmQuery.o frmQueryBuilder.o frmHelp.o frmQBJoin.o
frmSplash.o frmVacuum.o frmEditGrid.o dlgProperty.o dlgUser.o dlgGroup.o
dlgDatabase.o dlgLanguage.o dlgSchema.o dlgDomain.o dlgTable.o
dlgColumn.o dlgIndex.o dlgFunction.o dlgView.o dlgRule.o dlgOperator.o
dlgAggregate.o dlgCast.o dlgConversion.o dlgIndexConstraint.o
dlgForeignKey.o dlgSequence.o dlgTrigger.o dlgType.o dlgCheck.o
frmStatus.o misc.o sysLogger.o sysSettings.o  -lssl -lcrypto -lpq
-lwx_gtk2ud_stc-2.5 -lwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.5 -L/usr/local/lib -pthread
-lwx_gtk2ud-2.5
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgadmin3/src'

Which is not static afaict. This was confirmed by Mark who forgot to add
/usr/local/pgsql/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf, resulting in a 'cannot load
shared library' error when he ran pgAdmin.

The only thing I can think of, is that we omitted the --disable-shared
option to wx. A while ago this would have produced this behaviour when
the build system used the wx-config script which would have passed the
relevant static option to the linker, but Adam stopped using wx-config a
week or so back.

Of course, I may have overlooked something....

Regards, Dave.