Re: Release plan

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Release plan
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

OK, in lew of an actual document...

Preview/Developer Releases
--------------------------

These are useful to get feedback during the development phase. Basically
unsupported, and may be missing features, the idea is to get feedback as
we go, and find any major problems early on that may not be spotted by
us. We can release these following any major commits or task
completions.

Beta Releases
-------------

Beta release will be just like any other - we will feature freeze and go
into bug fixing mode. As I said in my earlier email on plugins, I want
to avoid non-core features of pgAdmin for the first release, and provide
just schema and data management support *in full*. I think that should
include:

1) Schema browser capable of browsing all object types, including those
missing from pgAdmin II, such as operator classes, rules/triggers under
views and user/database variables.

2) Property editor/Creation dialogues for each object type.

3) Table viewer/editor, with data save/export capable of handling a few
basic ASCII formats.

4) Combined query tool, switchable between pure SQL entry and QBE modes,
with data save/export capable of handling a few basic ASCII formats.

Of course, I'm open to discussion on this...

As for timetable, to be honest that depends a lot on you guys. As you
know, I'm in the middle of a course at Uni at the moment so am pretty
tight for time (though I have been working my way through straightening
up the properties and SQL generation). Mark starts the same course in 2
weeks when he returns from a holiday, so he's in the same boat.

Thoughts, comments?

Regards, Dave.