Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't go toes up, just that in
my experience (going back the NT3.1) it's not a daily occurance.

> You also compared NTFS with ext2.  That's not exactly fair.
> Better you should compare NTFS with ext3, XFS, JFS, ReiserFS.
>  It's a better, more fair comparison, as now we're talking
> about the same category of file system.

I realise the differences, but I don't currently use ext3, xfs, jfs or
reiserfs on any of my production boxes so can't make any observations
about them. I did, less than a month ago, lose and entire pg data
directory on an ext2 partition though :-(

Regards, Dave.