Re: unexpected EOF on client connection vs 9.0.3

От rsmogura
Тема Re: unexpected EOF on client connection vs 9.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:30:10 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 08/03/11 02:49, Piotr Czekalski wrote:
>
>> I've checked and verified that all connections are closed within the
>> code, what's more, the problem has appeared just as I've moved
>> server
>> from Fedora Linux x86_64 running Postgres 8.4.2 to the Windows and
>> 9.0.3
>> (details above) thus I conclude this is not a client problem indeed
>> (the
>> failure didn't occure on Linux).
>
> Windows firewall?
>
> You can also see these error reports when the connections are closed
> uncleanly, without a proper backend close message. Perhaps you have
> client processes crashing? Or doing hard shutdowns where the client
> code
> doesn't get a chance to run any cleanup/dtors/etc?
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

 I think in 8.x releases is no need to make any spacial close operation,
 or at least You do not get notice, about it. Closing socket is enough.
 E.g. JDBC driver closes connection, by closing socket. In 9 this changed
 and I see many of such notices in log. Probably Your driver, as many
 others, is written to close socket without backanad message.

 Regards,
 Radek