Re: Performance difference between Slon master and slave

От Mattthew Lunnon
Тема Re: Performance difference between Slon master and slave
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Jim,
Thanks for your response. Yes the tables have been analysed and I have also re-indexed and vacuumed the slave database.

Regards
Matthew

Sent from my iPad

> On 14 Dec 2015, at 17:49, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/14/15 11:16 AM, Matthew Lunnon wrote:
>> Inspecting the execution plan shows that there are some differences, for
>> example, the slave is using a HashAggregate when the master is simply
>> grouping. There also seems to be a difference with the ordering of the
>> sub plans.
>
> Have you tried analyzing the tables on the slave?
>
> Also, keep in mind that the first time you access rows on a Slony slave after they're replicated Postgres will need
towrite hint bits out, which will take some time. But that's clearly not the issue here.

От: Pedro França
Сообщение: Re: Getting an optimal plan on the first execution of a pl/pgsql function
От: Mathieu VINCENT
Сообщение: Re: Estimation row error