Re: VACUUM not doing its job?

От Kristian Eide
Тема Re: VACUUM not doing its job?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> You should also search the archives for threads on free space maps. You
> most likely need to increase yours. In particular, see:
>    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2002-07/msg00972.php

Thanks, very helpful, although there does not seem to be much description of
what the two free space map options in postgresql.conf actually do. Doing a
VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE on my largest table gives me:

NOTICE:  Pages 43681: Changed 208, Empty 0; Tup 1921387: Vac 61669, Keep 0,
UnUsed 1362341.

I will try to increase the 'max_fsm_pages' option from 10000 to 500000 and
see if that helps.

Regards,

Kristian

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: