Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/03/2017 09:39 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> The most straightforward solution would be to just clear each page with
> memset() in the loop. It's a bit wasteful to clear the page again, just
> after AdvanceXLInsertBuffer() has initialized it, but this isn't
> performance-critical.

An in that straightforward approach, I imagine it would suffice to
memset just the length of a (short) page header; the page content
is already zeroed, and there isn't going to be a switch at the very
start of a segment, so a long header won't be encountered ... will it?

-Chap