Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Aug 9, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Note that some controllers (such as 3ware) need to periodically
> test the
> life of the BBU, and they disable write caching when they do so, which
> would tank performance.

Yep. I did the battery capacity test before I went live with our
9550sx controller.
The only downside I see by not doing it is its estimated battery
lifetime number may be inaccurate, and once a week you get an alarm
message about the capacity test being overdue.

It does seem like a big design flaw needing to do it, but if you
think about it, you don't want to have data in the cache while seeing
how long it takes for the battery to drain :)

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.dellsmartexitin.com/