Re: DROP TYPE/DROP DOMAIN

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: DROP TYPE/DROP DOMAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > According to that logic, a view is a table, but we still require DROP
VIEW
> > to drop a view.
>
> No, a view is not a table.  Try putting an index or trigger on it.

It seems to me to be more correct that we make DROP TYPE not work on
domains.  I refer to the principle of least surprise...  People EXPECT it to
not work, therefore it shouldn't :)

There exists a perfectly good other command (drop domain) that works, and
you can't go alter type..add check(...) on a domain.  Also, we don't want to
encourage people to use commands that maybe we might remove in the future...

Chris