Re: commit so slow program looks frozen

От: Carlo Stonebanks
Тема: Re: commit so slow program looks frozen
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Alvaro Herrera, )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Brian Hurt, )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Magnus Hagander", )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Richard Troy, )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
    Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Bucky Jordan", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Rocco Altier", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Merlin Moncure", )
    Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Simon Riggs", )
     Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Merlin Moncure", )
      Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Rob Lemley, )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Richard Troy, )
    OT: TCL vs Perl Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (, )
     Re: OT: TCL vs Perl Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )

>> I have a question for you: did you have a long running query keeping open a transaction?  I've just noticed the same problem here, but things cleaned up immediately when I aborted the long-running transaction.

No, the only processes are from those in the import applications themselves: short transactions never lasting more than a fraction of a second.

Carlo