Re: question about images

От Dag Gullberg
Тема Re: question about images
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
torsdagen den 24 juli 2003 16:06 skrev Tom Lane:
> Dag Gullberg <dag.gullberg@telia.com> writes:
> >     I have a problem with understanding how BLOB's
> > work in postgres. It seems as thoug I have to use
> > COPY BINARY table (imagefield) FROM 'absolutepath+imagename' ;
>
> No, what you want is lo_import().
>
>             regards, tom lane

Wanting to share the novice discovery of things that is well
known to you buffs I now can say that my problems are very neatly
solved by using the pgsql module in php (type lo_import() access).

Anybody out there have a similar problem the postgres JDBC doc
may help if you are going in that direction. If php and "native"
postgress access is wanted, see (e.g.)

 http://se.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-lo-create.php

All in a box, as it were .....

DagG