Re: question on error during COPY FROM

От Ilya Kazakevich
Тема Re: question on error during COPY FROM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

>does that mean that I should always execute a VACUUM to recover the
>wasted space when an error is triggered or will the auto-vacuum mechanism
>do the job by itself ?

If you have autovacuum enabled it will clean up tablespace. However, space will not be returned to filesystem but will
bereused by database.
You may run VACUUM FULL manually to return it to filesystem.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/routine-vacuuming.html

Ilya Kazakevich

JetBrains
http://www.jetbrains.com
The Drive to Develop

Сообщение: Re: Sequential vs. random values - number of pages in B-tree
Сообщение: Re: Sequential vs. random values - number of pages in B-tree