RE: [PROPOSAL]a new data type 'bytea' for ECPG

От Matsumura, Ryo
Тема RE: [PROPOSAL]a new data type 'bytea' for ECPG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Meskes-san

> > I do think, though, we should change the debug output for
> > ecpg_free_params().
>
> I try to change about it. Next patch will print binary in hex-format.

I implement and attach it. Please review a new patch in this mail.

I have a question about ecpg manual when I add article for bytea.
I wonder what does the following about VARCHAR mean.

  35.4.4. Type Mapping
  Table 35.1. Mapping Between PostgreSQL Data Types and C Variable Types

    character(n), varchar(n), text | char[n+1], VARCHAR[n+1] [b]
    <footnote>
    [b] declared in ecpglib.h

There is no declaration for VARCHAR in ecpglib.h.
There is a declaration for ECPGt_varchar in ecpgtype.h, but it may be
be unusefull information for users.

On the other hand, footnote for 'bool' is usefull because there is
C-definition macro in ecpglib.h.

  <footnote>
  [c] declared in ecpglib.h if not native

  <ecpglib.h>
  #ifndef bool
  #define bool char
  #endif

I think, if the footnote of VARCHAR is meaningless, I remove it while I add
the article for bytea. (I didn't remove in this patch.)

Regards
Ryo Matsumura

Вложения