Re: [GENERAL] User defined function

От Moray McConnachie
Тема Re: [GENERAL] User defined function
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] User defined function  (Herouth Maoz <herouth@oumail.openu.ac.il>)
Список pgsql-general
> I need to write a function to return the first of december of the
year
> previous to the current year. Part of my problem is I'm not sure how
> to escape quotes in function definitions. I am looking at something
> along the lines of
>
> CREATE FUNCTION startofregyear(date) RETURNS date AS '
> SELECT text_datetime('01/12/' ¦¦ float8_text(datepart('year',$1)-1))
> AS answer;
> ' LANGUAGE 'SQL';
>
> but clearly this won't work because of the large number of single
> quotes. I've tried escaping the quotes in the SELECT line with
> backslashes, but that doesn't seem to do it.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this function should work, once I sort out the
> escaping?

   try using double quotas...

>  CREATE FUNCTION startofregyear(date) RETURNS date AS '
>  SELECT text_datetime(''01/12/''
float8_text(datepart(''year'',$1)-1))
>  AS answer;
 > ' LANGUAGE 'SQL';

absolutely not, I tried that already.
I get "attribute not found" error  wherever the opening double-quotes
are during the create of the function.
Moray.McConnachie@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk

От: soundar rajan
Сообщение: jdbc driver problem
От: Lincoln Spiteri
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Convert MS access database into PostgreSQL