Re: Mysterious vanishing '

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Mysterious vanishing '
Дата
Re: Mysterious vanishing '  (tony <tony@animaproductions.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Tony,

Are you logging postgres ? If so have a look at the logs and see what is
being inserted. I suspect it is the driver.

One thing you can do is upgrade the driver to 7.2 from
jdbc.postgresql.org. Many things have been fixed in the latest version

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of tony
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 12:41 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Mysterious vanishing '

I have been beating my brows on this one for some time.

Postgresql upgraded to 7.1.3 using rpm for Red Hat 7.2

Tomcat upgraded to 4.01 using binaries for above

The JDBC driver is from the rpm.

My web application which was happily writing "'" to the database isn't
anymore. I believe that this is a JDBC issue. The application returns
"'" from the database without problems. There is no change in the JSP
being used to write the data.

If I manually escape the ' like so \' it works just fine.

So the guilty party - Tomcat or the JDBC?

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S