Constraint Error effect on PostgreSQL

От Christian Paul B. Cosinas
Тема Constraint Error effect on PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Fellow PostgreSQL users,

Just a question here.

Is there any bad effect on the PostgreSQL performance If I encounter many
fails on inserting records to database with primary key column.

For example I have this table

CREATE TABLE unique_items
( item_id text NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT unique_items_pkey PRIMARY KEY (item_id), CONSTRAINT unique_item_id_fk FOREIGN KEY
(item_id)    REFERENCES items (item_id) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE

)
WITH OIDS;

With these valu:

Unique items
------------
Item001

Then  I have a program that insert 1(one) million times like this:
Insert into unique_items(item_id) values('Item001)

Ofcourse we all know that it will fail because there is already a record in
the database.

Would there be any bad effect on the database or none?

Regards,
Ian

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: