Re: byteain bug(?)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: byteain bug(?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Anyone
> > > >

> > Based on the thread this morning on patches, I was thinking we should
allow
> > '\\', '\0', or '\###' where ### is any valid octal. At least that's what
> > was going to have decode(bytea, 'escape') handle.
>
> Yep, it is way too open right now.

On further thought, I think I'll have to not allow '\0' and require '\000'
instead. Otherwise, how should the following be interpreted:

'\0123'

Is that '\0' followed by the literals '1', '2', and '3'? Or is it '\012'
followed by the literal '3'?

So, I'll go with '\\' or '\###' where ### is any valid octal, for both
byteain and decode(bytea, 'escape').

Comments?

-- Joe