Re: example query for postgresql

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: example query for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 19, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

> Is there a place that gives examples of all the kind of queries
> postgresql support?
>
> Sometimes I think if there is a way to obtain a result in just one
> statement without writing a function and it would be nice to have a
> panoramic of all the strategies I could try for single statements.
>

> The SQL reference
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-commands.html
> isn't inspirational every time
>
> Even if it is not exactly what I'm looking for a sort of "one liner"
> as the one you find for perl, sed, awk...
>
> As an example of things the kind of things I'm looking for:

You're best bets are to a. post questions to the pgsql-sql mailing
list when you've got an idea that something you've written could be
done better, b. get some books demonstrating different query
techniques and read through them (O'Reilly has a couple of really
good ones such as SQL Hacks), and c. practice.  You're not going to
find any definitive list of everything you can do with Postgresql as
it's virtually unlimited.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

Сообщение: Re: WARNINGs after starting backup server created with PITR
Сообщение: Re: WARNINGs after starting backup server created with PITR